Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Internet @ 36,000 feet

Well, this is a first for me. We're flying to Spokane, WA today where we are going to rent a car and drive to Canada to visit friends at their mountain cabin on beautiful Kootenay Lake in British Columbia. We're Delta Frequent Fliers and they sent me a free pass to try their GoGo system which provides DSL in-flight. So here I am 7 miles above the earth posting to this blog. It works quite well.

I'll try to post a couple of times while on the trip so you can enjoy what we are seeing. We are taking it easy and spending tonight in Coeur d' Alene, ID. Hope I can pronounce Coeur d' Alene correctly if I have to ask directions!

12 comments:

LizzyT said...

I hope you have a good flight!

Auntie E said...

I alwaya wonder how that inflight internet works. wanted to try it on one of my flights over the summer. Isn't technology grand?Have a great vacation:-)

Laiza said...

Hi! Nice blog! Good luck on your trip. Have a safe journey.:)

Unknown said...

nice post... keep sharing...

Karen said...

Very cool! I hope that some day they offer free internet on planes and in airports.

Unknown said...

Nice, Beautiful Blog

Keep it Up Friend

Thanks
Arun Sharma
www.shayari4all.com

Ciela said...

Indeed, this techy stuff is soaring high! Extra ordinary experience of blogging while flying. Cool!

Sandy said...

Gives the saying getting high, new meaning. lol

Have a good trip and be safe. We'll leave the light on for you, and look forward to you visiting.

Sandy
Traveling Suitcase

Daisy said...

Wow this is great! And I'm gonna travel too in a few weeks I hope I can also blog while on flight! That's gonna be so cool Hope you have a great time in err.. Coeur d' Alene? Oh that's hard to pronounce indeed!


;-)
~Daisy
http://inlovewithdaisies.blogspot.com/

Kebun Sayur Alami di Samarinda said...

Have a great vacation...Be relax and enjoy....

I drop...hope U like it

I'm in : http://aboutsamarinda.blogspot.com

VanillaSeven said...

I always want to try blogging from the sky :). Nice post!

http://vanillaseven.com/2009/08/03/perhentian-kecil-island-escapade_the-hel/

AVCr8teur said...

Finally internet in the sky! I really liked your Kootenay Lake photos and the view in Idaho was awesome with all those huge windows.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin